Internship!

Sunday, May 02, 2010

I finished my first week of internship in MOX-Linde!
Yay!
Luckily didn't buy new shoes and new bag for work. Coz need to bring laptop, so I'm sticking back with my uni bag. N we need to wear safety shoes everyday. *heavy =.=*
Safety shoes Size 5, White safety helmet, Clear goggles..FOC from MOX!

Ermm. A summary of one whole week.
Monday - Totally nothing to do. Sitting and reading operation manuals + chatting with other interns.
Tuesday- Department manager and supervisor in office. Introduction time. Spend half a day to MOX@PJ to collect safety shoes n etc.
Wednesday- A chance to visit MIMOS, one of MOX's client on gas supply system!
Thursday- Celebration of CF Tan's bday! His bday is actually tmrw. + Learning on Pipe Freezing
Friday- The making of a box with the use of pipe freezing.

Happpiii bdaaay! *Chocolate moist cake made by Kak Shae! Yummm yumm*
CF Tan's treat! for the whole department o!

Boss paying with credit card! A total of two hundered something..don't know hw much..
Thankss!! XP

Then, pipe freezing!
On the way to stor, managed to took this!

MOX@HICOM Industrial Area, Shah Alam

There are actually five interns there. 1 from UM, 2 from UKM and 2 from UPM.
The UM guy, Tan, with the nick of Junior Tan (LOL) our taiko...been interning here for the past 5 months (his intern period is 6 months) will be leaving on 31st May.
Two from UKM. A girl, Shee Wee from Chemical Eng and Chan from Biochemical Eng..will be interning for 4 and a half months. Me n Yi Peng from UPM, will be leaving 1st. ^^ UKM fellas tak puas. LOL.

Measuring, drawing, cutting, screwing..took a whole day to complete. Slow and steady.
With the supervising of a senior contractor and with the cooperation of 5 future chemical engineers. LOL
After completing it, before measuring it, Chan actually stucked Shee Wee into the box. LOL.

I had quite some fun in this first week of my internship. Really glad about it.
I had never learn all these before in studies, unlike the last internship I had in LipoChem which allows me to get in touch with more plant design stuff. But I guess it's good to expose to more varieties.
I hope that my choice to come to MOX-Linde for internship is correct.
Wish me luck!

0 comments: