My Intern in LipoChem

Saturday, July 04, 2009

My intern in LipoChem had finally come to an end after 8 weeks..

8 long weeks? or 8 short weeks?
I can't be too sure.
I have learnt lots during these 8 weeks. The exposure to the industrial part of chemical engineering had really get me thinking hard.

There's a lot of first in this intern.

It's my first intern.
It's my first time to work with real engineers.
It's my first time to feel the stress u can get from ur boss.
It's my first time to see so many different manuals of different instruments.
It's my first time to know that, a plant can be this small or that huge!
It's my first time to read a PID..Process & Instrumentation Diagram.
It's my first time wearing safety shoes n safety helmet.
It's my first time to step onto the ground of a site.
It's my first time communicating with all the other workers on the site.
It's my first time trying to do hands-on jobs on site, cooperating with the workers there.
It's my first time seeing how a mimic is to be done. *partially*
It's my first time to understand how important is it to be able to communicate well with the people, in whatever languages u can speak.
It's my first time to be able to try at least, my very very best at something I'm totally not familiar with. And the result wasn't that bad after all.
It's my first time to do so many lab experiments in one day *production*.
It's my first time to be able to understand what chemical engineers do. *to a limit only, a lot more yet to be explored*
It's my first time, to sit in a meeting room, listening to a senior service engineer, to explain on how his instruments work *level indicator, mass flowmeter, pH transmitter, etc.*Thanks, Mr. Teoh.*
It's my first time to realize that chemical engineers can have a lot of paperwork too.
It's my first time to realize that the world of engineering is actually very very small.
It's my first time to realize how much you will have to sacrifice to be a chemical engineer.

*A lot more which I don't think I can finish with it..*

Very deep appreciation to all staff from LipoChem.
Huge thanks from me to everyone.

Thanks for taking me as an intern.
Thanks for forgiving my stupid mistakes. *or dont mind actually*
Thanks for explaining to me patiently, Esther, Aimee, Mr. Tang, Ms. Ang, Mr. Lee! *I know I don't understand a lot of stuff*
Thanks for taking in my stupid questions.
Thanks for the treat, Kamal and farewell lunch, Esther.

I'll miss everyone of you...
In fact, I'm missing all d...

From left: Jasmin, Ms. Ang, me, Esther, Aimee, Mr. Tang, Kamal
*I left the picture with Yoong out*

The farewell lunch was on 30th of June, Tuesday. In Sri Pinang, a thai restaurant in Shah Alam.
The food there was really yummy..It's my first time too, to get to enjoy such delicious tom yam soup!!!
I was so suprise when my supervisor, Esther handed me a gift!! It was a very beautiful necklace. Will take a picture and post it up next time. Really appreciate it.

Aimee wanted to give me the biodiesel which they produced though. haha.

With all, I wish everyone in LipoChem best of luck.
May God bless LipoChem to rise to the top of the world!

6 comments:

Anonymous 3:31 PM  

you are the 2nd student doing the intern in lipochem. i am the 1st did my intern in lipochem shah alam.i left on april 2009.a lots of things i learned from there.im doing the project of 30MT/day health balanced oil,kapar klang

ice-ayrez 2:39 PM  

Ace should be done by now. When i left, they were on commissioning already.

I have heard bout u from Esther. U r the one from UiTM? or I remembered wrongly?

Anonymous 11:33 PM  

right.im frm uitm shah alam.esther the most gracious person i met.she's very friendly person.i learned a lot frm her.my last task was doing piping design.so you continue my job or you assist them in biodiesel project desgn in indonesia?what esther told u bout me?so shy eh?hahaha

ice-ayrez 1:38 AM  

lol..i learned a lot from her too. mayb i m jus a 2nd year student tht time..so couldnt help them tht much in technical wise. Ace is handled by Ms Ang. can say that I help them more in both the biodiesel project since Ace is mostly done when I'm in. =)

Anonymous 10:03 PM  

yup.b4 i left,Ace is only left for piping.the filter already installed.i went there 4 the installation with 3 japanese guys...isntall the plate 1 by 1,got 99plates altogther.back work at 9pm.but so nice n enjoy

ice-ayrez 9:49 PM  

lol..no wonder when i went thr, it's already all done..the japanese came again for comissioning..eheh